IBEX 365 News
The Optimus Electric Steering Actuator is the next evolution in electronic power steering
News Date: March 1, 2021
The Optimus Electric Steering Actuator gives you control like no other, with intuitive and adjustable navigation controls at your fingertips, you can steer your vessel confidently.
The Optimus Electric Steering Actuator mounts directly on the outboard in place of the present hydraulic cylinder. The powerful drive train, position sensor, brake, and electronics are all embedded in the electric steering actuator. This means no Pump Control Module, no hydraulic pump, no hoses, hydraulic cylinders and fluid, and no more purging the system.
NEXT GENERATION ELECTRONIC POWER STEERING
The Optimus Electronic Steering Actuator is the first complete bolt on electronic steering for outboard engines, compatible for twin, triple, and quad engines 150-hp and up.
The steering control unit, hydraulic power source, and transmission and actuator are integrated into one electro-mechanical actuator, making this the next evolution in electronic power steering.
- Optimus standard for SeaStation and SeaWays
- Substantial similar in size to the tournament Optimus cylinder
- Optimus standard for Tournament Tie Bar
- Optimus standard link for autopilot (Garmin, Simrad, Raymarine)
- Auto-adjusting turns lock to lock based on RPM
- Auto adjusting wheel effort based on RPM
- Ackerman (ideal for pontoon and catamarans)
- Set the rudder angle at low and high speed for safe vessel steering
- Compact Roller Screw Technology
- NMMA, ABYC, CE, ISO, and SAE electrical and environmental requirements