IBEX 365 News
Learn about Composites One and Aerovac Process Materials
Achieve the benefits of vacuum infusion with Aerovac Process Materials
An increasing number of marine manufacturers are now using closed mold rather than open mold processes to produce composite parts. Why? Because closed molding offers so many benefits. By making the transition to closed molding, they can reduce waste, emissions, material costs, and cycle times, and achieve a more consistent, repeatable process for composite parts production.
To maximize the efficiencies of closed molding, specifically in the vacuum infusion process (VIP), it’s important to use high-quality process materials. That’s where Aerovac and Composites One can help. Aerovac manufactures and supplies a variety of materials that allow manufacturers to take full advantage of the benefits of vacuum infusion. Owned by Composites One, Aerovac Process Materials are ideal for producing composite parts in a wide range of industries, from marine and aerospace to automotive, wind energy, and other sectors.
High-quality process materials from Aerovac include:
- Bagging films that provide an airtight cover over the laminate stack. A robust bagging film offers toughness and features like humidity resistance to achieve maximum vacuum integrity.
- Release films to keep flow media and resin feed lines from sticking to the composite part following cure.
- Breather fabrics that ensure a clear pathway for volatiles to escape during vacuum infusion.
- Peel ply allows vacuum consumables to be removed after the laminate has cured.
- Sealant tape that adheres vacuum film to the mold. A solid seal allows for low void content and high vacuum integrity.
What’s more, these materials are available in standard roll, slit widths, and cut-to-shape formats, and are easily customizable to meet unique manufacturing requirements. Helping to ensure that manufacturers have the right materials for the job are the technical experts at Composites One, along with support from Aerovac. They can work with you on selecting the right process, equipment, and materials for your specific manufacturing job and troubleshoot any issues that may occur.
Aerovac is also part of the Closed Mold Alliance, a coalition of four industry experts who can provide marine manufacturers with everything they need – from innovative products and tooling, to knowledge, training, and resources – to adopt and implement vacuum infusion and other closed mold processes in their operations. With high-quality process materials from Aerovac, backed by the expertise of Composites One and the Closed Mold Alliance, marine manufacturers can achieve the benefits of vacuum infusion, from reducing waste and material costs, to producing consistent, high-quality composites parts.
For more information, please go to www.aerovac.com.