IBEX 365 News
Eastman Machine achieves record-setting exhibition at 30th Annual IBEX Show
Eastman Machine Company had its most successful exhibition, in terms of sales, at the 30th annual International BoatBuilders’ Exhibition and Conference, North America’s largest technical trade event for marine industry professionals. The three-day event brought multi-million dollars in sales for the cutting machine manufacturer, solidifying Eastman’s presence and support of the boating industry, including partnerships alongside elite boatbuilder cooperatives.
Eastman Machine has decades of experience in the marine industry and has exhibited at IBEX for 25 years. Eastman successfully demonstrated a 16-foot (4.88 meters) C125 conveyorized cutting system equipped with a heavy-duty tool head and EasiMark airbrush system at this year’s event. The machine is engineered to cut the most diverse technical and industrial fabrics available at speeds up to 60 inches per second (152cm/second) while exceeding industry standards for accuracy. At the show, the C125 cut balsa core was supplied by 3A Composites Core Materials, fiberglass supplied by Vectorply, and industrial fabric supplied by WeatherMAX.
Eastman works with commercial and hobby boatbuilders alike, as well as material producers, to design customized cutting solutions tailored to their unique applications. The C125 conveyor system is an ideal choice for companies who need to cut long parts, require continuous conveying, or simply want to minimize the material handling commonly associated with a static table cutting system. It is the system of choice of thousands of manufacturers around the world for its industrial build, durability of critical components, and proven rack & pinion drive system.
Hundreds of cutting solutions are proudly designed and manufactured at Eastman Machine Company’s headquarters in Buffalo, New York. Complimentary test cut evaluations to capture the machine’s speed and recommended configuration are available by contacting the Eastman headquarters at +1-716-856-2200.
The Eagle C125 conveyor is a computer controlled (CNC) ply-cutting system engineered for single- to low-ply automatic cutting of flexible fabrics; composite reinforcements like fiberglass, carbon, and aramid; industrial fabrics and insulations as well as traditional textiles. It has the ability to continuously convey rolled material goods with consistent speed and control. This computer-controlled cutting system requires minimal operator guidance to automatically feed and spread material to the identified start position. The conveyor system is available in nearly a dozen different widths from 60 inches to over 14 ft. wide and several lengths, and features cutting speeds up to 60 inches per second (152cm/second).
There are several options available to further streamline floor space necessary as well as features that can be built into other, larger size configurations:
- All computer hardware and electronic control mechanisms are contained within the base of the machine, an upgrade from the standard free-standing kiosk (not available for 60” system).
- Positive air pressure may be added for further protection in high particulate environments and meets IP55 compliance demands
- Computer monitor and workspace are machine-mounted at an ergonomic height and pivot for operator preference
- Internally mounted variable frequency drive for vacuum control and step-up or -down transformer ensure simple access for operators but also eliminates the need for external mounting or additional enclosures
- Belt scraping device stops material scrap and debris from going under the machine but also deflects hands from gaining access to pinch points
- Fork pockets welded to the frame for ease of unloading or movement
The Eagle-C125 conveyor system is proudly engineered and manufactured at Eastman’s Buffalo, New York headquarters along with hundreds of other solutions for the cutting room.