IBEX is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all visitors as well as our staff. IBEX expects all participants to help ensure a positive experience for everyone. Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated during any portion of the IBEX event. All participants are expected to abide by this Code of Conduct. This Policy applies to all aspects of the IBEX event, including exhibits, special events, and education sessions.
Camera & A/V Recording Policy
Please note: IBEX maintains a strict photography and videography policy. Due to the large number of proprietary new products and prototypes being displayed at IBEX, the taking of photographs and video in the exhibition hall is restricted. You must have a press badge and/or have prior written approval to use a camera on the show floor. To obtain permission for on-site photography and video, please contact Andrew Golden at firstname.lastname@example.org. Exhibitors retain the right to restrict photography of their products or displays, and such decisions are within the discretion of the exhibitor and are not controlled by IBEX. If you use a camera without permission, you will be escorted off the show floor and your badge will be confiscated. In addition, IBEX speakers and attendees are encouraged to openly discuss proprietary matters; therefore audio or video recording of IBEX seminars is strictly prohibited.
Seminar and Pre-Conference session refunds are made for cancellations received in writing no later than August 30, 2023, and subject to $50 service charge. Cancellations made after August 30, 2023 are considered “no shows”, however, you may send a substitute from your organization. All ticket sales are final for the Industry Breakfast. All cancellations must be received in writing and submitted to email@example.com.
Confidential product information may be shared in exhibitor booths, product demonstrations and in meetings. Participants agree not to use or disclose at any time any confidential information of any exhibitor or their affiliated groups, unless expressly authorized in writing and/or required by law. Taking photos, videos or capturing images of any product or booth display without consent of the exhibitors is forbidden.
Discrimination and Harassment
IBEX has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to gender, sexual orientation, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin or any other protected class. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, IBEX asks that you report it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org so that Show Management can take the appropriate action.
Interference with Competitors
No person may interfere with the activities of an exhibitor at IBEX, including exhibit booths, product demonstrations, educational sessions and meetings. Behavior, in particular, that is insulting, rude, distracting or disruptive is forbidden.
List Fraud & Spam
Scam offers for the IBEX list are widespread and we can do nothing to stop them except to educate you. PLEASE BE AWARE of any too good to be true offers. To protect your company, know the facts:
- IBEX does NOT sell our attendee or exhibitor lists EVER. Any offers to buy any IBEX lists are a scam.
- The official IBEX hotel provider is onPeak, all other hotel solicitations on behalf of IBEX are scams.
- IBEX/Show Management will NEVER call to ask you for your credit card to make a payment. You are welcome to call us anytime to make a payment, but do NOT give your credit card to anyone calling who says they are from IBEX.
Outboarding & Suitcasing
To protect our valued exhibitors and their investment in attending IBEX and in supporting IBEX, LLC’s mission, our rules strictly prohibit solicitation; “suitcasing” or “outboarding” by individuals, attendees, or companies who transact business at the show or in official IBEX show hotels and HAVE NOT purchased an exhibit booth. IBEX rules also prohibit any individuals, attendees, or companies from scheduling an event that competes with an official event sanctioned and publicized by IBEX, LLC. SUITCASING refers to those non-exhibiting companies or persons who go to conferences as an attendee but “work the aisles” from their suitcase (briefcase) and solicit business in the aisles of the exposition floor. OUTBOARDING refers to non-exhibiting companies that set up exhibits or events outside of the exhibit hall-hotel hospitality suites or restaurants-and encourage show attendees to leave the show floor. Off-site events held during conference hours diminish the size and diffuse the quality of the audience available to legitimate exhibitors. Any individual, attendee, or company who is observed to be soliciting business in the aisles or other public spaces, or uninvited attendees in another company’s booth, will be asked to stop the activity immediately and may be asked to leave the premises. Likewise, known commercial activity conducted from a hotel guest room or hospitality suite, a restaurant or any other public place in proximity to IBEX by non-exhibiting companies, will be shut down.
Other Unacceptable Behavior
In addition, Unacceptable Behavior is further defined as:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning speech or actions of any kind.
- Verbal abuse of any exhibitor, visitor or other participant or IBEX team member. Examples of verbal abuse include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, age, race, religion, national origin, regarding competitors or other exhibitor products, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, supplier, speaker, presenter, facilitator, IBEX staff member, service provider or other show participant.
- Harmful or prejudicial verbal or written comments or visual images related to gender, sexual orientation, age, race, religion, disability or other personal characteristics, including those protected by law.
- Unwelcome attention or deliberate stalking or intimidation of any participant.
- Real or implied threat of physical, professional or financial damage or harm.
- Inappropriate disruption of an exhibit, product demonstrations, educational or networking sessions, meetings or sessions or other events organized by IBEX throughout the event. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any IBEX staff member.
- Photographing, video or audio recording of exhibits, product demonstrations, sessions, slides, oral or poster presentations without presenter/author’s permission.
- Presentations, postings and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers or solicitation for services unless you are the session host or supplier. IBEX reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Failure to stop unacceptable behavior when requested by a fellow participant or IBEX staff member.
- Sharing your IBEX credentials with other individuals.
- Derogatory social media or app posts against a competitor.
By attending IBEX, you agree to abide by and engage in conduct that is beneficial to the health and safety of the event and all persons attending. I will take necessary precautions while at the event including, but not limited to, adhering to all state and local regulations and following the guidance of the CDC. I agree to not attend any IBEX event if I feel ill, had recent exposure to a COVID-19 case or have tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
While IBEX and the TCC work to implement new and enhanced procedures to safeguard all participants, this agreement is not intended or implied in any way to be a guarantee against possible exposure to COVID-19 or any other infectious diseases during attendance at the event.
By attending IBEX, you agree to voluntarily assume all risk related to exposure and agree to not hold IBEX or any of their affiliates including partners and sponsors, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, volunteers, or sponsored venues liable for illness.
All exhibitors and visitors must register to attend IBEX. Qualified Visitor Registration is offered at no cost. All exhibitors must register their booth staff.
Right to Take Action
IBEX reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the event without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and IBEX reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting or trade show, digitally or in person. Inappropriate action could also result in future restrictions on attendance at IBEX events or possible termination of IBEX membership or positions on boards / committees.