|Full time IBEX LLC employee with benefits
IBEX, The International BoatBuilders’ Exhibition & Conference is the largest technical marine trade show in North America and the annual platform to showcase new products, advanced materials, and the tools and technologies that are shaping the future of the boating industry. It is the three most valuable days of the year for all marine industry professionals offering direct access to the marine industry with more than 700 exhibitors on three levels of exhibits offering the latest products and technologies. The exhibits are enhanced and supported by an expert-led seminars series and training sessions, and all three days of the show offer abundant networking opportunities. IBEX is held each year in early October at the Tampa Convention Center, Tampa, Florida U.S. A. and is owned in partnership by National Marine Manufacturers Association and RAI Amsterdam.
Day to day management of the general business and affairs of the highly successful IBEX trade show. As the Show Director, you will have decision making and supervisory authority over all aspects of this annual show.
Objectives of this role
The IBEX Show Director shall have exclusive authority and responsibility including the following:
- Managing the IBEX team and all day to day as related to the needs of the staff and producing the show including scheduling team meetings, setting appropriate SMART goals for each department and staff member, and meeting regularly with all staff to ensure everyone and everything is on track.
- Manage a multimillion-dollar budget and cash flow and meet outlined financial expectations as outlined by the Board of Directors
- Entering into and performing contracts and other undertakings binding the Company and acting in furtherance of the purposes and business of the Company that are in accordance with the approved annual budget of the IBEX trade show.
- Overseeing payments to providers, service bills, approving refunds and appropriate expenses
- Incurring vendor trade debt in the ordinary course of business.
- Review of all RFPs for service providers and negotiating appropriate contacts and agreements in the best interest of IBEX.
- Employing persons from time to time for the operation and management of various aspects of the Company’s business, including without limitation, managing agents, contractors, subcontractors, laborers, suppliers, on such terms and for such compensation as the Show Director shall determine; and, in consultation with Executive Show Management and Member HR Departments, as needed, on setting the terms and conditions of employment or compensation of employees.
- Report regularly to Executive Director, Executive Show Management and IBEX Board of Directors concerning all significant issues impacting the operation and business of the Company.
- Abide by the rules governing IBEX LLC as agreed on in the partnership agreement.
The Show Director (SD) is responsible for producing a world class trade show, including:
- Managing all aspects of the production of the event and all day-to-day operations related to the event.
- Creating an attractive and exciting environment for primary target audiences, marine industry professionals, and the 700+ exhibitors who showcase their products and services, offering both a clear ROI and the opportunity to advance their business missions.
- Manage a distributed and diverse show team of 8-15 people, including NMMA and RAI staff, assigned to key roles: exhibit space & sponsorship sales, marketing and promotion, seminar selection and production, show operations, registration, and other relevant areas. These individuals comprise the trade show team and report directly to the IBEX Show Director for their responsibilities related to IBEX.
- Direct all areas of IBEX event planning from annual new development to post-event analysis, all in alignment with the short- and long-term strategic plan as agreed by Executive Show Mgmt. and IBEX Board of Directors
- Work with team to develop and evaluate new ideas to improve the quality and value of the show, increase show attendance, and improve its efficiency and service level.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and team to update the short- and long-term strategic plan and set appropriate goals to meet strategic objectives.
- Direct all team communication and coordination including the NMMA and RAI staff in accordance with the LLC Partnership Agreement.
- Control the Annual Revenue and Expense Budget for IBEX as agreed by the Partner/Owners
- Offer guidance and support to exhibit and sponsorship sales team and ensure that exhibitors are being effectively communicated with and receive appropriate service and sales support for all aspects of IBEX, so they have a superior customer experience.
- Oversee all marketing and promotion of IBEX, including direct mail, communications, and website presence, to ensure that the show is marketed to the maximum potential audience.
- Ensure that all planning for seminars and educational programs held as part of IBEX conducted consistent with the standards for which IBEX is justifiably admired.
- Supervise the operations team to ensure management of all show operations (move-in and move-out), food and beverage, registration, and housing processes, including negotiation of all contracts and management of vendor relations.
- Facilitate quality show vendor relations to ensure that both exhibitors and show management receive reasonable rates and quality service.
- Organize and manage all aspects of the IBEX Planning Committee including progress updates and at least one annual in person meeting.
- Organize and report regularly to the IBEX LLC Board of Directors in meetings, held four times a year, either in person or via teleconference, including meeting scheduling, preparation of meeting agendas and related materials, recording and distribution of the meeting minutes and other actions taken, and execution of decisions and direction undertaken by the IBEX, LLC Board of Directors.
Sales & Projects Manager
International & MIA Sales
Innovation Awards Manager
Marketing & Communications Director
IBEX Accounting Management
Required Skills and Qualifications
- A proven track record in trade show management and event design.
- Experience and ability to successfully manage a multi-million-dollar operating budget including forecasting and cash flow analysis.
- Management experience running a team of 8-15 people.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a cross-functional team and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Details oriented and solution oriented.
- Proficiency in financial analysis, budget management, forecasting
- Familiarity with content management systems (CMS) and customer relationship management (CRM) tools and how to maximize their use.
- Marine industry experience or interested in working in the marine industry.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Decisive and strategic thinking
- Organized and attention to detail.
- Ability to create and meet multiple deadlines.
- Strong computer skills including experience MS Office 365, project management software, and excel.
- The ability to work effectively in a home office and collaboratively online and over the phone.
Working Conditions & Salary
- Remote position. Preferred candidates will be based in the East or Central USA
- Travel 30%
- Salary Range: $100,000 – $130,000
As a full-time member of the IBEX team, you will receive a competitive salary; benefits including 401K and Medical, and work with an excellent team of committed people. This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. IBEX LLC is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Interested parties should submit resumes to: email@example.com