Job Title: IBEX Director of Education
Reports To: IBEX Show Director
Location: Home office
Status: Full time IBEX LLC with employee with benefits
IBEX is the largest technical marine trade show in North America and the annual platform to showcase new products, advanced materials, and the tools and technologies that are shaping the future of the boating industry. It is the three most valuable days of the year for all marine industry professionals offering direct access to the best of boat building, expert-led seminars series and training sessions, abundant networking opportunities, and three levels of exhibits offering the latest products. IBEX is held each year in early October at the Tampa Convention Center, Tampa, Florida U.S.A. and is owned by National Marine Manufacturers Association and RAI Amsterdam.
- Create a world class seminar series that includes 50–60 seminars and held during three show days.
- Oversee several pre-conference sessions hosted by exhibitors & industry associations the day before the show opens.
- Collaborate with six marine industry education partners to develop timely and appropriate seminar content and manage the partners and the content throughout the year from topic development to on site presentation.
- Manage all speakers and seminar moderators, from gathering contact and bio information, to tracking social media/email engagement.
- Oversee all aspects of the seminar budget and on-site operations for all education events taking place during IBEX.
- Work closely with registration and marketing team to ensure IBEX education is appropriately promoted and content is easily accessible online, in print and via social media.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Generate and manage Call for Proposals
- Manage all aspects of Education Planning Meeting
- Work closely with Education Partners to create approximately 35 partner-specific seminars, balanced with 15–20 IBEX-specific seminars
- Pull together all pre-conference topics, work closely with pre-conference hosts, registration, and operations to assign pricing, schedule sessions, determine room layouts
- Price seminar tickets and packages, work closely with registration team to get all products loaded correctly
- Work with sales team to edit, upload, and coordinate hourly Tech Talk Workshops, act as point of contact on site
- Gather, edit, and upload all seminar descriptions
- Create onsite schedule for seminar program with room assignments, create room monitor schedule based on program schedule, work closely with operations to ensure room monitors are available
- Generate content for all seminar-related signage and proof accordingly
- Proof all seminar-related content for online and print materials
- Manage all aspects of the budget from start to finish, including costs of all education events, speaker payments, payouts for pre-conference trainings, reconciling ticket sales with scanned tickets, P&L related to speaker payments, gross revenue, and Education Partner payouts, etc.
- Generate at least one new event or grow existing events annually to engage existing and potential seminar attendees. Work with show decorator, audio/visual team, and convention center ahead of show to create onsite events and special seminars.
- Year-round, manage online workshop and seminar program, including content, software research and management, recruiting speakers, recording events, and acting as moderator
- Work closely with Marketing Director and PR Team on social media posts and marketing strategy for both online program and onsite program
- IBEX onsite: manage all aspects of seminar program with an onsite coordinator, plus 10 room monitors
- Manage Speakers’ Lounge for setup, F&B, A/V
- Oversee any live education events and stationary interactive showcases offered by the Education Partners
- Ensure 600 conference bags are stuffed with appropriate sponsored items
- Work with onsite coordinator to ensure all room monitors are trained correctly
- Ensure presenters are onsite and accounted for, have submitted all appropriate paperwork, and have all necessary information
- Field all questions and requests from IBEX presenters and visitors
- Emcee live education events and step in as seminar moderator as appropriate
- Ability to manage a diverse group of speakers, moderators, and partners
- Organization and close attention to detail
- Ability to create and meet deadlines
- Experience in event or conference management
- Excellent technical writing skills (editorial experience is a plus)
- Strong computer skills and familiar with any CMS and online learning software
- Ability to work effectively in a home office and collaboratively online and over the phone
- Communications and social media experience (to target speakers and attendees)
- Interested in working in the marine industry
- Some knowledge of boatbuilding methods, materials and technologies
This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
As a member of our team, you will receive a competitive salary; full benefits including 401K, Medical, Vision, LTD, Life and AD&D. Flex-time, summer hours, working with an excellent team of committed people.
IBEX is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Interested parties, please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.